Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Fever

So, Nevaeh has had a fever on and off for about 3 weeks now. She has been sent home from school 4 times in the last 3 weeks with a fever and has had it at home too. I didn't pay much attention it at first but as time went on I have been keeping track, more so this last week. I take her temperature about every hour. It is always at 100.1-100.6 degrees and sometimes it will spike to 101.5-101.9. When it does spike, she complains about her back and hips bothering her. I know that I didn't keep track of it at the beginning, but I am beginning to think that she has had a constant fever for 3 weeks, which I know can't be good.
She has seen the doctor and had blood work done yesterday (that was a fun experience by the way... 3 adults holding down 1 five-year-old!). She has another appointment again today to talk about the results. I am just worried.
I only give her Motrin when it spikes because I hate giving medicine and especially so much so often. Besides, she only acts sick when it spikes, when it is at 100 degrees she acts fine, which is why I think that I didn't really notice that she was constantly running a fever. Or maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel better for not paying as good of attention as I should have.
Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone has experienced this with their own kids? Any suggestions of what I should do? I will know more this afternoon and will let everyone know what I find out.
Please keep Nevaeh in your prayers and wish us luck!

2 comments:

Cyndi said...

I am so sorry that she is sick. It is just awful when your kids are sick. I hope that you get some answers and that she starts feeling better soon.

heidi said...

i hope she feels better soon. i'm hope everything is okay. my kids have had fevers for long periods of time but i can't be sure that it was for that long, sorry no help!