Friday, November 14, 2008

Fall Festival

Tonight Nevaeh had a Fall Festival at her school. It was really fun. We played games, paid way too much for a hot dog, chips and a pop, and won Ding Dongs at the cake walk. All in all it was a good night. I didn't take any pictures however because I forgot my camera at home...oops!

I wish that the school where I work did cool things like Nevaeh's school. I'm so glad that she doesn't attend the school where I work. Not only is her school better academically, it is just a better learning environment altogether. For some reason the principal at my school decided to take all the fun out of learning. We are not allowed to have any kind of parties or celebrations... no birthday parties, no holiday parties, nothing. His reasoning behind it is that having parties is taking away from their learning time. Now, I'm not saying that every class should have a party every day or anything like that, but come on give the kids something to look forward to or reward them with for all of their hard work! Now, because I'm the PE teacher, I really don't have the opportunity to even attempt having parties but I still think that school should be some place fun and exciting for the students. If school is a place where they enjoy being, I think that they will learn more... Just my opinion. :-)

3 comments:

Mrs. B. Roth said...

Just wanted to comment quick and say hi. I've had my blog up for a couple of years, so feel free to stop by. Your kids are getting so big and cute!

Train Gang said...

The kissing pic on the side is so very cute!!!!

Flo said...

I hope you work on your blog. I really enjoy Heidi's. That is the only way we can keep in touch. She is to far away to just go see. I love seeing the kids.