Friday, May 29, 2009

About Time!!!

HOLY COW!!! It has been a long time since I've blogged. There have been a whole lot of things that have happened since the last time I blogged. And I think that the only way to do this is one thing at a time :-)...

KOHLTON TURNED 2...

I know I posted about this already, but I didn't post any pictures of his birthday. Kohlton is the funniest 2 year old I have ever come across. His personality is awesome! He is so funny and is always trying to make us laugh. One of the cutest things about him lately is that he is shy and has his "shy" face... looking away with a small smile. He is getting so big and in the last few weeks has really started putting sentences together. It is amazing the things that are coming out of his mouth! At Kohlton's birthday party, we sang to him and he covered his face and was embarrassed... totally cute!

He got a blue hummer from his Aunt Nilda that he didn't want to let go of while he was eating his cake... So how does one eat cake and ice cream while holding on to that, oh so very important toy?
Just dig in, of course! Who needs a fork or a spoon? Kohlton just dug right in... no hands! It was pretty funny and he ended up getting pretty messy.
I love the sprinkles hanging off his nose!



EASTER...

Easter was pretty fun this year. Of course, the PE teacher that I am did NOT put any candy in my kids baskets. Maybe that is me being a mean mom, but as Nevaeh says, "candy isn't healthy." :-)


So instead of candy, I get my kids a few toys from the Easter Bunny :-) Toys last longer than candy does anyway ...

After church, we headed over to Nilda's house to have dinner with Shawna and her family. Nilda stuffed some eggs and we hid them around her back yard for a little Easter egg hunt. We had to keep reminding Nevaeh and Hunter to NOT get the eggs that were just sitting around in the grass (those were for Kohlton and Jade). They all had a great time! Inside the eggs was candy, some money, and some tickets for little toys that she had gotten.



Kohlton had a good time looking for the eggs, but didn't really get the concept of it. Every time he would find an egg, he would stop and open it and try to eat or play with what was inside. I kept having to urge him on to look for more eggs.


While we were taking the picture of all the kids, Jade kept reaching into Kohlton's basket and eating the candy. Kohlton didn't even notice :-)


After we had our hunt and dinner was all cleaned up, we got the eggs out for the kids to dye. I didn't bring clothes that Nevaeh could get dirty, so I stripped her down to dye the eggs. Not only did the kids have fun dying eggs, but the adults did as well.

1 comments:

heidi said...

both or your kids are adorable. i can't believe kohlton is two and that preston will be two in july. time flies