Saturday, January 31, 2009

New Year's in Montana

Well, so maybe I haven't been so good at keeping up at this blog thing yet either. But to throw some excuses out there, I have been busy. I have a student teacher and so have been busy getting everything ready for her to take over my classes. It is fabulous though having her there... It is amazing how much I have been getting done that I have been putting off at school!

So anyway, here is what we have been up to...

Over Christmas break, we headed up to Montana the weekend after Christmas. We went to Bozeman to visit Jason's family. It was very fun... AND COLD!!!! Oh my goodness!!!! I guess my blood has thinned out a bit since living down here in AZ. There was quite a bit of snow and it was really fun to play in but I forget how bundled up the kids have to get just to go outside. Here are some pictures of us all outside sledding and having fun.



Poor Kohlton really wasn't a fan of the cold weather.


They finally convinced me to go down once. I, like Kohlton am not a fan of the cold either!!! It was fun though, I have to admit :-)




Erica has this snowman kit that she found somewhere and it has all the parts for a snowman except for the snow :-)... a scarf, eyes, mouth, nose, pipe, buttons, and hat... all in a cute little box. So she and Jason took the kids outside to build a snowman. The snow really wasn't snowman-making snow but they still managed to get a cute snowman built.

We had a wonderful time and miss everyone there. Wish we lived closer... however, it is warmer down here so if anyone wants to get out of the cold... :-)

2 comments:

Cyndi said...

So fun!
I am totally missing Montana, but I am glad we will be going in the summer... I am not a fan of the cold either.
The sledding looks super fun.

heidi said...

i find it so intersting/amazing how our bodies get use to the climates that we are in. love all the pictures, looks like you had fun